Oh, the weather outside is definitely frightful …
It’s currently -15° outside with no hope in sight of the temperature rising. Luckily, I have the pleasure of spending the day indoors. With frosted windows and snow-covered skylights, there isn’t much light coming through, so I’ve lit a few candles and taken up a spot next to the fireplace to write this post!
Every year, I ask myself why I still live in a place where it snows for half the year when I am so clearly a summer girl longing for sun, surf and sand! It is definitely my dream to move away from this picture-perfect frozen countryside to a wonderful island paradise. Until then, I’ve got no choice but to stick to my three cardinal rules for staying warm in the winter:
1. Baths – On those days where I get home and feel chilled to the bone, I warm myself up by taking a long and relaxing bath. I’ll throw in a bath bomb and can lay in the tub forever; blissfully unaware of how much time has passed. Once I close my eyes, it’s as if time has stopped, and all I can think about is how amazing it feels to be immersed in the hot water!
2. Robe, Sweaters, Socks & Slippers – I absolutely CANNOT live without my cozy fleece robe in the winter! I love to cuddle up by the fire on chilly nights while wearing it along with a pair of comfy slippers! I am obsessed with Happy Feet slippers and have been wearing them for years! They’re super cozy and look incredibly cute! For days I spend at home, I love to wear warm, oversized sweaters with either thigh/knee-high socks! It’s a cute and fashionable look that is easy to put together!
3. Hot Drinks – Ok, this one is everybody’s favourite. These drinks warm you up from the inside out and act as hand warmers in the process! I love anything and everything from coffee, tea, cider and of course, hot chocolate! Christmas may be over, but I still like to add a little holiday twist to everything I make. So today, I’ll be sharing with you my easy recipe for a festive peppermint white hot chocolate!
Peppermint is easily one of the most popular holiday flavours! It pairs so well with chocolate and coffee and has become a winter staple in our household. It’s quick and easy, and the perfect thing to make for friends and family! I like to have some ready when I’m expecting company. It’s a great way to welcome your guests in from the cold! And of course, you get to have some as well 😉
Check out the recipe down below!
Quick and Easy Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Recipe:
Yield: 4 servings
4 cups of milk (of your choice)
8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (you can also use white chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
optional toppings: whipped cream, crushed peppermints and marshmallows
- Combine the milk and chopped white chocolate together in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a simmer and the chocolate is completely melted. NOTE: Do not let it come to a boil!
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Serve warm, with optional toppings if desired.
What are your tips for getting through a snowy and chilly winter? Let me know in the comments! If you decide to give this recipe a try, be sure to snap a photo and tag it with #theangiearchive! If you liked this post. you may also enjoy: Christmas Gingerbread Cookies Recipe